PATIENT CARE LABORATORY
The aim of the course is to present basing information regarding the use of medicines and other interventions in healthcare in various patients’ populations. Drug selection and safety is increasingly complex and demanding and undertaken as part of a multi-disciplinary process that involves pharmacists. During the course the role and leadership of pharmacy in medication safety is pointed as well as the strategies for reducing errors in pharmacotherapy of various diseases are discussed. The laboratories are based on the studying of cases.
- CPHA Compendium of Therapeutic Choices. 7th Edition, Canadian Pharmacists Association, 2017.
- CPHA Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments (CTMA 2), Canadian Pharmacists Association, 2016.
- Briggs, Gerald G., Freeman, Roger K., Towers, Craig V. Forinash, Alicia B. Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation: A Reference Guide to Fetal and Neonatal Risk, 11th ed., Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW), 2017.
- Caroline S. Zeind, Michael G. Carvalho. Applied Therapeutics. The clinical use of drugs. 11th ed., Wolters Kluwer, 2018.
- Shargel L., Yu A.B.C. Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Seventh ed., McGraw Hill Education, 2016.
- Cate Whittlesea, Karen Hodson. Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 6th ed., Elsevier, 2018.
»Schedule 2018/2019 for 3th year students
»Schedule 2018/2019 for 4th year students
»Schedule 2019/2020 for 4th year students
»Schedule 2019/2020 for 5th year students